The struggle with weight loss has acquired universal proportions in the developing world. People want to lose weight for a variety of reasons. Some of us want to conform to certain beauty standards and others want to achieve health goals that cannot be reached without reaching a certain fitness level. Whatever the reason, we hope that it makes you healthy in mind, body, and heart!
In order to inspire you on your weight loss journey, we’d like to share with you some tips that have been tried and tested. The first thing to do when you have made up your mind about losing weight is to surround yourself with healthful food! Clean up your refrigerator, your pantry, and your office drawers and get rid of all the junk, processed, and packaged food that makes you resort to mindless consumption of extra and extremely unhealthy calories. Once you have successfully done that follow the steps below:
- Start maintaining a journal – Before switching to a new diet or a food plan. We think it is so crucial to know where you are starting from. Note your food habits, meal consumption patters, time of the day when you eat and evaluate. Once this excel/ journal is updated with current food habits and food-behavior, retain what is useful, healthful, and relevant to the your weight-loss journey and fluff out the rest.
- Devise a new diet plan – There are many diets (vegan, paleo, omnivore, etc. ) that you can switch to. However, before the switch, educate yourself. Research about nutritionally dense food in all of these diet and use them to replace your calorie-rich food. For general information, a vegan diet or reduced animal and animal consumption is among the most effective dietary changes for weight loss.
- Join a gym, enroll in a yoga/ dance or some class that involves you to physically move. Depending on how you like to exercise (in a group or by yourself) you must becomes physically active. Joining a gym and working with a gym instructor definitely makes it easier for you to stick to your resolve and keep your motivation high. Along with your food, you must also enter your workout sessions in your weight loss journals.
- Inform family, friends, and co-workers about your dietary changes and commitments so that you are not tempted to stray from them in case you forget to prepare/ carry along your own food.
- Leave processed sugar – Leaving processed sugar and only sticking to natural sugars in fruit and their derivatives can go a long way in contributing to your weight loss journey.
Healthy eating, exercising, and refining your day routine are sure shot ways of being on the healthier path. All one needs is determination, resolve, and non-negotiable commitment to making a change!